Conference games creating close calls for teams at the top. Should only get more interesting as clubs go on the road.
1. Duke – Snuck past Maryland. Play at Florida State on Wednesday.
2. Ohio State – Happy to get by Minnesota at home. Travel to Michigan.
3. Kansas – Will probably NOT schedule a road game at Michigan in January again.
4. Syracuse – Travel to MSG for a mid-week soiree with the Red Storm. Ooh…ahhh…ooh…ahh
5. San Diego State – UNLV and New Mexico in the same week.
6. Pittsburgh – Will play truth and consequences with a desperate Georgetown team.
7. Villanova – Host Maryland on Saturday.
8. BYU – They are more than Jimmer Fredette. Not that they need to be for now.
9. Kentucky – Should be able to sleep through the week and beat Auburn and LSU.
10. Notre Dame – Can the Irish win on the road at Marquette and St. John’s this week?
11. Purdue – Play at Minnesota and at West Virginia over the next six days.
12. UConn – Win over Texas was not THAT impressive.
13. Missouri – Lost by 13 to Colorado? Colorado? Really?
14. Illinois -Visit Madison over the weekend. That’s always good for an L.
15. Florida – Tough to figure out. Catching a break with the “Pearl-less” Vols this week.
16. Temple – Game versus St. Bonaventure could get interesting.
17. Gonzaga – Seven wins in a row.
18. Butler – On the road at Detroit and Wright State this week.
19. Georgetown – Is it possible to have a must-win game on January 12th?
20. Texas A&M – Welcome to Big 12 play – Okie State and Missouri this week.
21. UCF – Loss AT Houston not too much of a surprise.
22. Georgia – Nice win over Kentucky.
23. Washington – 4-0 in Pac 10 play. Maybe that means something.
24. Oklahoma State – Nice win over a falling K-State team.
25. St. Mary’s – Only losses this season are to San Diego State and BYU.
What does your top 25 look like?