1. Duke – Should we start making predictions as to the Blue Devils first loss?
2. Kansas – The Jayhawks looked anything but invincible in their two-point win over USC.
3. Ohio State – Must see tee vee: Ohio State vs. Oakland. Sullinger vs. Benson, Thursday. Oh wait. The game is not televised.
4. UConn – How will a twelve-day layoff affect the Huskies when they play Coppin State tonight?
5. Syracuse – The Orange are glad they don’t have to play AT Iona.
6. San Diego St. – Oooh. A scheduling mishap. The Aztecs play San Francisco Tuesday and IUPUI the following night.
7. Missouri – Tilt with Illinois on Wednesday could unearth some truth.
8.Kentucky – Battles with Winthrop and Coppin State this week.
9. Pittsburgh – Licked their wounds from loss to Tennessee beating University of Maryland-Eastshore.
10. Georgetown – Should add to the miseries of Memphis later this week.
11. Michigan State – It’s December. Tom Izzo pays no attention to rankings.
12. Villanova – Jay Wright and his Wildcats have been sailing along “hospitable waters.”
13. Tennessee – After bringing down Pitt, Bruce Pearls and his Vols made like Billy Joe and went Kerplunk!
14. Kansas St. – The value of the now-graduated Denis Clemente grows with each passing game.
15. BYU – Loss to UCLA was a mere flesh wound.
16. Notre Dame – Play UMBC on Wednesday.
17. Northwestern – St. Francis will NOT roll over for the Wildcats.
18. Illinois – Wednesday’s game will show a lot about the character of this team after a loss to UIC.
19. UCF – And in this corner. The contender…
20. Florida – Outscored K-State 37-21 in the second half of Saturday’s game.
21. Memphis – Barely survived Austin Peay. Georgetown on Thursday. Is it true the Tigers are considering changing their color to orange? Because they might be pumpkins by Christmas.
22. Wisconsin – Does Bo Ryan ever smile?
23. Temple – Looking to make it six wins in a row when they play Ohio on Wednesday.
24. Minnesota – The Gophers have just one loss this season.
25. Boston College – Have beaten teams from the Pac -10, Big Ten, Big East, and ACC during their recent six-game winning streak.
Who is in your top 25?