Just finished my list for Santa … getting ready to text it to him. Here are the sports related things I want for Christmas … deliverable either Christmas morning or as appropriate in the New Year:
1. I want the Bears to finish strong … win these last two games and earn that bye during wildcard week. But most importantly, at least win your first playoff game.
2. I’d like some Texas A&M swag … like a windshirt or sweatshirt for one of those windy days in the 50’s. Someone tell Emily.
3. Decent seats to the Final Four (Houston’s Reliant Stadium)… somehow could they just fall in my lap??? This is a bucket list item.
4. Notre Dame basketball makes it to their second Final Four EVER … this April. A Cinderella Story. Combined with #3, this would make my sports year.
5. Chicago Bulls make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Ambitious, but a reasonable stretch. Just get there … then we’ll talk about what’s possible in 2012.
6. Notre Dame football finishes the 2011 season in the Top 10. That’s 10-2 and then win a bowl game for 11-2. Heck, if ya wanna do better than that, please don’t let me stand in your way.
7. A college football playoff. By the way … I didn’t write this, but it must be a brain meld with this very bright Chicago SunTimes writer: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges/3006553-419/bowl-playoff-bcs-team-championship.html 🙂
8. I want TCU to kick Wisconsin’s butt in the Rose Bowl. Nothing against the Badgers, but I want to see another Boise State -Utah type good-feeling moment in the post-season. Oh … and I want to see the Oregon Ducks beat Scam Newton and take the title.
9. Chicago Cubs make the playoffs AND win a playoff series. We gotta get these guys “back in the game”.
10. The White Sox go to the World Series. Plain and simple … they have a team that could do it … a stretch … yes … but not totally out of this world with the changes they’ve made.
11. The ability to consistently hit my drives reasonably straight. Solid contact and 260+ yards is not a problem … but 1/3 right, 1/3 in the fairway, and 1/3 left is not something to build a good score on.
12. Last but not least, I want to come out of nowhere to win the PPP (Peerless Prognosticators Pool). Here are the current standings before the Hawaii Bowl tonight. AC and Crash are leading the way.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, everyone!