Courtesy of GoXavier.com
CINCINNATI – Xavier baseball junior left-hander Zac Lowther has been named to Baseball America’s Top 100 MLB Draft Prospects list, ranking No. 99 amongst draft-eligible players.
Lowther is the only player ranked from the BIG EAST Conference and is the first-ever Xavier baseball player to be mentioned in the annual list.
For the season, Lowther is 2-2 with a 3.60 ERA in eight starts. In 40 innings, he has allowed just 21 hits and struck out 62 while limiting opponents to a .157 batting average. He ranks seventh nationally with 4.73 hits allowed per nine.
ZAC WITHOUT A K… SOMEHOW
• As of April 10, Zac Lowther ranks second in the nation with 13.95 strikeouts per nine innings
• He has struck out at least 10 in each of his last three starts, striking out 37 in his last 19.1 innings.
• Lowther also ranks 28th in NCAA Division I baseball with 62 strikeouts on the season.
• For his career, he already ranks eighth in Xavier program history with 188 strikeouts.
MUSKETEERS IN THE MLB DRAFT
• Following a record-setting season, Xavier had two players selected in the 2016 MLB First-Year Player Draft for the first time since 2008. Dan Rizzie went first, going to the New York Mets in the 13th round and Andre Jernigan followed as a 14th round selection of the Minnesota Twins.
• Xavier has now had at least one player drafted in 10 of the last 12 years.
• 12 total XU players have been drafted since 2005.