Who Gets Your MVP Vote?

Maybe this is obvious…maybe it’s not. Now that the NFL regular season has concluded, who is your MVP? Why?

11 Responses to "Who Gets Your MVP Vote?"

1. Wally   January 3, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Wes Welker. He is the “main reason” the Pats are undefeated and sniffing another chan’ship. He’s the hardest WR in the league to cover and also contributes on special teams. His numbers this year are spectacular, and when you look at the importance of his receptions in terms of when they occur during games at key moments …. that’s why he’s the MVP.

Wally

2. Chas   January 4, 2008 at 1:13 pm

50 TDs, 8 INT. Enough said.

3. Reynell   January 4, 2008 at 2:46 pm

I think the most valuable playa award goes to Tony Romo. First, he dates Carrie Underwood and never even admits to dating her. Now he’s moved on to Jessica Simpson. I mean – Have you SEEN that “boots” video where she’s washing the car? Who could be more valuable than . . .

Oh wait, it stands for the most valuable PLAYER? My fault.

Tom Brady. Is this seriously an argument? I understand Wally’s assessment of Welker, but which omission from the roster would affect the Pats more: Brady or Welker? Check the close games. It’s been a pass by Brady in the end that was the difference between perfection and 1 or 2 losses.

4. Casey   January 4, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Reynell-

Trying to get a jump on the ’08 Comment of the Year’? I was chuckling.

Casey

5. Snydez   January 4, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Reynell-

Yes I can understand where you are coming from when you say Brady. But, look at who many of those clutch passes were to. Welker and at times Moss. I think that Brady did have a fine year, however my vote goes with Favre.I think he is almost old enough to be my dad and possibly grandpa, and he is still going!

It is sort of funny. Welker came from Miami. I think that the fish are feeling a a little stupid.

6. Casey   January 4, 2008 at 9:44 pm

While we may be watching the greatest qb of all-time, Randy Moss gets my vote for this year’s MVP. Pats recently eclipsed the all-time record for points. The ’98 Vikes held the record. And who led that team in receiving? Yeah – Moss. Before Moss’s arrival the Pats were a very good team. Now they are…well…friggin’ perfect.

7. Z Dubbz   January 4, 2008 at 11:58 pm

It obviously has to go Tom Brady. However, I think both Brett Favre and David Garrard would have been candidates had the Patriots not had such a ridiculously good season. Who saw the Packers coming to be contenders this year; and who could believe that Garrard is even starting, let alone being the 3rd rated passer in the NFL, behind only Brady and Big Ben, but ahead of Peyton Manning.

8. Ian   January 5, 2008 at 2:45 am

can the award go to the patriots offense.

I like the idea of Wes Welker because to me as much as Randy Moss was Brady’s go-to-guy, you could argue that Welker was as well.

Brady’s numbers speak for themselves and he is most definitely the MVP of the NFL this year.

9. Aaron   January 5, 2008 at 8:01 pm

With all respect to Brett Farve, the award should and has, gone to Tom Brady.

For years people have been talking about how good Tom Brady would be if he had the weapons that Peyton Manning had.. Well , he has them right now and look at what he was doing. If you replaced Welker With Troy Brown or Chad Jackson, would there be that much of dropoff? I don’t think so. But replace Tom Brady with Matt Cassell and it is night and day.. Remeber, it was Jabar Gaffney that caught the winning pass against the Ravens. But the common denominator has been Tom Brady.

Favre, Moss and Welker have been fantastic, but Brady has the most valuable.

10. Snydez   January 5, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Bardy was a 7th round draft pick………..

11. Muels   January 6, 2008 at 12:53 am

We have now seen what would happen if the Patriots had the same level of wide receiver as Peyton Manning has had in Indy- Tom Brady has earned his MVP award. Moss and Welker have been fantastic, but Brady has been the engine that drives the greatest offensive production in NFL history.