Courtesy of RITAthletics.com
BROCKPORT, NY – RIT forwards Christine Cataldo-Smith (Yardley, PA/Pennsbury) and Courtney McHale (Newton, NJ/Newton) each scored two goals to lead the Tigers to a 5-2 win at SUNY Brockport (4-0-1) Saturday afternoon.
How It Happened
- Cataldo-Smith scored the first of her two goals in the 24th minute off an assist from freshman Emma Schock (Allentown, PA/Parkland) to give RIT a 1-0 lead.
- Cataldo-Smith scored her second in the 31st minute off an assist from McHale to give the Tigers a 2-0 lead.
- Freshman Olivia Harris (Duanesburg, NY/Duanesburh) scored her first collegiate goal in the 57th minute to give RIT a 3-0 lead.
- Brockport’s Katie Hotaling scored in the 57th minute off an assist from Sophia DeAngelo that made the score 3-1.
- Julia Mascaro scored in the 62nd minute for the Golden Eagles to make the score 3-2.
- McHale scored her first goal of the game in the 77th minute off an assist from Cataldo-Smith to give RIT a 4-2 lead.
- McHale struck for her second in the 78th minute off an assist from Cataldo-Smith to make it a 5-2 final.
- RIT out-shot Brockport 16-8
- Junior goalkeeper Darcie Jones (Sinking Spring, PA/Wilson West Lawn) made five saves and earned the win for RIT.
- Brockport goalie Kayla Usborne made four saves and took the loss for the Golden Eagles.
RIT begins Liberty League play on Wednesday (Sept. 22) at home against William Smith at 4:00 PM.