Courtesy of RITAthletics.com
ROCHESTER, NY – RIT (3-1) freshman forward Gwendolyn Williams (Clinton, NY/Clinton) scored a goal in a 2-1 overtime loss to Lynchburg (2-1) Saturday. The loss is the first of the season for the Tigers.
How it Happened
- Williams scored her second goal of the season in the 25th minute off an assist from senior Rebecca Hext (Ottawa, ON/Longfields Davidson Heights) to gave RIT a 1-0 lead.
- Lynchburg’s Madison Myers scored with :19 seconds to play in regulation, tying the score at 1-1. Sydney Dombrovskis stole the ball off a RIT defender and fed Myers with a pass for the goal.
- Meghan Lauder tallied the game-winner with :47 seconds remaining in the second overtime off an assist from Emily Santana for the Hornets.
- Lynchburg out-shot RIT 16-11
- Junior Darcie Jones (Sinking Spring, PA/Wilson West Lawn) made five saves in the first half, while graduate student Alyssa Salls (Plattsburgh, NY/Plattsburgh) took the loss, playing the second half and overtime.
- Jade Lecklider made four saves for Lynchburg, earning the win.
RIT returns to action Saturday (Sept. 18) at Brockport at 1:00 PM.