Courtesy of goBrockport.com
BROCKPORT, N.Y. – The College at Brockport women’s basketball team picked up a tough loss Friday night against Oneonta in a low scoring game. The team falls to 5-8 on the season and 2-4 in conference play.
Results: Brockport 39, Oneonta 55
Location: Jim and John Vlogianitis Gymnasium | Brockport, NY
Records: Brockport 5-8 (2-4), Oneonta 4-8 (1-4)
- The Golden Eagles struggled to produce offensive opportunities against the Red Dragons defense, shooting 20.6% from the floor, 10% from three and 68.8% from the free throw line.
- One of the team’s biggest successes of the night came on producing opportunities off of the Red Dragons turnovers. The Green and Gold put up 19 total points on losses.
- Julianna Taylor continued her hot streak offensively, sinking 20 points and an assist through four, accounting for more than half of the team’s total points. The junior sank eight of 17 attempts while also grabbing three rebounds and two steals.
- Zaria McCullough and Kylee Rosbrook each accounted for five points for the next highest scores of the night.
- Freshman Riqiya Harris was essential for the Golden Eagles on the boards, pulling down nine rebounds, two steals and a block.
- Chelsea Henry (Greece Athena) also had a strong night under the basket, grabbing six rebounds of her own.
- The Golden Eagles had seven different athletes put up a score on the night, including a strong effort from the team’s new additions.
- Once again, the Green and Gold’s performance at the free throw line added an essential backbone offensively as the team executed on 11 of 16.
Up Next: The Golden Eagles look to turn their luck around tomorrow on home court against New Paltz at 2 p.m.