Courtesy of Geneseoknights.com
GENESEO, N.Y. – Sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan scored two goals and handed out two assists as the Knights rolled to a 5-0 victory over visiting Farmingdale State on Saturday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo jumped in front in the 10th minute when senior midfielder Sarah Loprieno found Sullivan on the left flank for a quick shot to the bottom right corner of the goal.
- Senior forward Domenica Piccoli scored from nearly the same position just over four minute later on a pass from junior forward Ellie Gregory.
- Senior midfielder Grace Dunnigan (Pittsford Sutherland) extended the lead to 3-0 with her first goal of the season and Loprieno added a tally on a headed corner kick to increase the lead to 4-0 before halftime.
- In the second half, Sullivan intercepted a pass from the Rams’ back toward their goalie and scored on an open net to increase the tally to 5-0.
- Sullivan notched her second multi-goal game of the season and reached a career high with six points.
- Piccoli notched her team-leading sixth goal of the season, extending her team lead in points to 14.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald earned the win in net with four saves while junior Marissa Quimby and first-year Angel Bennett (Webster Schroeder) contributed to the Knights’ third shutout of the season.
Geneseo will open conference play on Friday, Sept. 27 when they host Oswego at 4:00 p.m.