Courtesy of Geneseoknights.com
GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan scored twice in the second half to propel the Knights to a 2-0 victory over host RIT on Tuesday afternoon at Tiger Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and Tigers played an even match in the first half with both teams taking six shots. RIT managed to put four on goal, but junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald kept them out of the net as the two teams went into the half tied, 0-0.
- In the 61st minute, senior forward Domenica Piccoli found Sullivan in a dangerous position 15 yards from the RIT goal. Sullivan turned and fired, beating the goalkeeper to the bottom left corner to put Geneseo ahead, 1-0.
- In the final moments, RIT earned a corner kick and brought their entire team forward in an attempt to equalize. The Knights successfully cleared the threat and Sullivan won the foot race down the field, depositing the ball in an open net to give the Knights a 2-0 advantage.
- Geneseo outshot the Tigers 17-16 and earned six corner kicks while holding the Tigers to four.
- Sullivan tied Piccoli for the team lead in goals with three apiece, while Piccoli maintained her team lead in points, now with eight.
- Facing the Tigers for the first time since 2014, the Knights improved to 3-0 all-time against their local rival.
The Knights (3-1-0) host second-ranked William Smith at College Stadium on Saturday at 2:00PM.