Courtesy of goBrockport.com
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The College at Brockport baseball team finished the 2019 season on the road on Tuesday. The Green and Gold took home a 4-0 victory over the Rochester Institute of Technology thanks to great pitching and timely hitting.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP –
- The Golden Eagles finish the year with a 16-20 overall record and 6-12 in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC)
- The Tigers now have an overall mark of 19-14 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED –
- The Brockport offense put together four runs in the second inning, and it proved to be enough.
- Reilly Workman kicked it off with a walk and then a couple batters later Matt O’Dair singled before reaching second on an error.
- The error allowed Workman to cross home plate.
- Cole Penders and Tom Kretzler each worked walks to load the bases.
- Matteo Avallone doubled to right field and cleared the bases to give the team a 4-0 lead.
- The pitching was strong, combining to toss a four-hit scoreless matchup.
- Alex Brown started for the Golden Eagles and tossed 3.0 innings, giving up just three hits and striking out two.
- Kyle Canvally was the first pitcher called out of the bullpen and shut down the opposition for 2.0 innings, getting all six batters faced out.
- Stuart Martin and Ryan Greco then came together to toss 3.0 innings of one-hit baseball before Kretzler and Justin Valentino wrapped up the game.
KEY GAME STATISTICS –
- Penders finished the day batting 1-for-2, drawing two walks and scoring one run.
- Kretzler similar went 1-for-2 with one runs scored and walked three times himself.
- In total, Brockport walked 11 times.
- Brown earned the win, while Valentino recorded the save.