Courtesy of goBrockport.com
FREDONIA, N.Y. – The College at Brockport baseball team lost the first game of a three-game series against SUNY Fredonia as they kicked off a crucial set of State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) games. The Green and Gold offense was silent on the day as they were shut out, 6-0.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP –
- The Golden Eagles sit at 10-16 overall and 4-9 in conference competition.
- The Blue Devils move to 10-14 on the season and 7-3 in SUNYAC play.
HOW IT HAPPENED –
- Brockport fell behind 2-0 in the first inning.
- Liam O’Leary and Charlie Serino helped put two runners on in the fifth inning, but they were unable to capitalize on the opportunity.
- The opposition added two more runs in the sixth to make the score 4-0.
- In the eighth, Nicholas Pastore made it around to third base on a walk, ground ball and wild pitch, but was not able to cross home plate.
- Brockport was unable to mount a comeback and fell by a score of 6-0.
KEY GAME STATISTICS –
- Miceli batted 2-for-4 and added a stolen base
- Eaton was the only other Golden Eagle to record a hit, going 1-for-3 with a stolen base as well
- Alex Brown got the start and pitched 6.0 innings allowing five runs, three earned on eight hits, while striking out four
- Matthew Colucci and Maddux Minton combined for 2.0 innings of one run baseball, allowing just three hits
UP NEXT –
- Brockport will take on the Blue Devils in a double header Saturday, April 13. The first game is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m.