Courtesy of goBrockport.com
NEW PALTZ, N.Y. – The College at Brockport baseball team could not overcome a big inning for SUNY New Paltz, as they dropped the third game of the series 6-1. The Green and Gold gave up five of the six runs in the seventh frame alone.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP –
- The Golden Eagles sit at 9-15 overall and 4-8 in conference games.
- The Hawks stay at .500 on the year with a 10-10 mark, while sporting a 2-7 SUNYAC record
HOW IT HAPPENED –
- The Green and Gold scored first, after Lou Miceli singled to right and advance all the way to third on a sac bunt by Daniel DelGaizo and wild pitch.
- Liam O’Leary grounded out to second base but it was enough for Miceli to cross home plate and give the team a 1-0 advantage.
- Brandon Greenspan had a tremendous start to the game pitching 6.0 innings of scoreless, two hit baseball.
- The Hawks evened the score at 1-1 in the seventh on a double to right center.
- The Brockport bullpen was unable to shut down the opposition in the seventh, as they fell behind 5-1.
- The offense was not able to put together timely hits as Brockport fell by a final of 6-1.
KEY GAME STATISTICS –
- Nicholas Pastore hit 2-for-4 on the day.
- Miceli and O’Leary both recorded hits, with Miceli scoring a run and O’Leary driving in the RBI.
SEASON STANDINGS –
- With the Brockport loss and SUNY Oneonta victory, both teams sit in fourth place with a 4-8 conference record.
- Plattsburgh State sits alone in sixth place with a 3-9 SUNYAC mark.
UP NEXT –
- Brockport remains on the road on Wednesday, April 10 when they travel to Rochester Polytechnic Institute for a non-conference battle. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m.