Courtesy of goBrockport.com
LEXINGTON, S.C. – The College at Brockport baseball team played their series and spring training trip finale on Sunday against State University of New Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe, Oswego State. After a competitive first half of the game, the Green and Gold were unable to fend off the oppositional attack and fell 12-3.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP –
- The Golden Eagles now hold a record of 7-9 on the year and 2-4 in SUNYAC play
- The Lakers move to 9-5 this season with the results and 5-1 in conference competition
HOW IT HAPPENED –
- The Green and Gold fell behind 2-0 in the second inning but quickly responded in the third
- After a double by Nicholas Pastore, he was able to cross the plate on a Lou Miceli double
- An error by the Lakers allowed Miceli to later score and tie the game at 2-2
- The only Brockport lead came in the bottom of the fourth when Josh Cosgrove was able to score on a pair of mistakes including a pass ball and fielding error
- The lead was short lived as Oswego tacked on four runs in the fifth and three more in the sixth
KEY GAME STATISTICS –
- Miceli finished the day hitting 2-for-4 with a double, one run and one RBI
- Cosgrove and Pastore each finished 1-for-4 with a run scored
UP NEXT –
- Brockport will have a non-conference battle on Wednesday, March 27 against the University of Rochester. First pitch is set for 4 p.m.