Courtesy of goBrockport.com
CARLISLE, PA. – The College at Brockport baseball team dropped a hard-fought battle to a very talented Dickinson College team. Despite knocking in six runs in the first four innings, the Green and Gold were unable to fend off the Red Devils and lost 10-6.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP –
- The Golden Eagles now hold a record of 6-6 on the year
- The Red Devils shift to 11-2 this season with the win
HOW IT HAPPENED –
- The opposition gained the advantage early, leading 2-0 after the first inning
- The green and gold got the offense going in the third inning with Ryan Mansell reaching on a fielder’s choice, Nicholas Pastore singling and Liam O’Leary working a walk
- Lou Miceli gave Brockport the lead with a bases clearing double to right center that scored all three runners and put the score at 3-2
- After a Tom Kretzler walk and Anthony Eaton single, Aaron Cook was hit by a pitch that brought in the fourth run of the inning
- Dickinson answered with two runs of their own in the bottom of the inning to tie the score at 4-4
- In the fourth, a pair of errors by the Red Devils helped score Daniel DelGaizo and Pastore to give the team a 6-4 advantage.
- The lead lasted an inning as the opponent bats came alive in the fifth and eighth
- Brockport was unable to string together hits after the fourth inning and fell, 10-6
KEY GAME STATISTICS –
- Pastore hit 2-for-4 with one walk, two runs scored and a stolen base
- Miceli collected three RBI as he went 1-for-5 and also scored a run
- Eaton, Kretzler, DelGaizo and Josh Cosgrove all collected hits as well
- Kyle Canavally pitched well out of the bullpen tossing 2.2 IP of scoreless, one hit baseball, while striking out five batters
KEY SEASON STATISTICS –
- Miceli extends his hitting streak to eight games
- Kretzler has walked twice in three consecutive games
UP NEXT –
- Up next for Brockport is a battle against Ferrum College in Virginia as they continue their Spring Training Trip. The game will take place on Thursday, March 21 at 3 p.m.